I was tagged by Sam @A Book Haven to do this tag.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How do you decide what to read next?
I mostly read wherever the mood takes me. I don’t like making a TBR of books that I have to read by a given date etc. But if I have ARCs to read then I prioritise them. Followed by library books that need to be returned soon.
2. You’re halfway through a book, and you’re just not loving it; do you put it down or are you committed?
If it is an ARC then I will read it until the end because I feel that I can only give a truly honest review of the book if I read it to completion. Otherwise it depends. If I am not loving a book and truly can’t engage with it then I would DNF long before the halfway point, but if I have reached halfway then I want to finish to see how the book ends up. However, I do not tend to DNF that frequently as I am one of those terrible people that like to write ranty reviews of books that I have not enjoyed… Oops!
3. The end of the year is coming, and you’re behind on your reading challenge; do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I don’t take part in a the year long reading challenge! I don’t believe in setting myself book goals for a year as I find it stresses me out too much. I just set my Goodreads challenge number to one at the beginning of the year and read from there. I typically read in the region of 150 to 175 books a year depending on their length etc. However a number of years ago I set myself the challenge of reading 200 books and to reach that amount I had to read a number of short stories and novellas towards the end of the year which I really was not in the mood for. So I have learned that reading challenges are not for me.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Oh I do not like that!!! But I deal because sadly I don’t have unlimited pots of cash with which to buy books… sad really! One series that really annoys me is Claudia Gray’s Constellation series because they just seemed to change the UK covers after book one was released and no matter how hard I searched I could not find matching covers for books 2 and 3. So I now have an un-matching series *sad face*
5. Everyone and their mother love a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Probably my own mum! I am also ranting about popular books with her. She doesn’t read that much but she enjoys listening to my book opinions… I think… I mean I hope she enjoys it lol!
6. You’re reading a book in public, and you’re about to start crying; how do you deal?
Thankfully this has never happened to me but the fear is real! I think I would just hope that the ground would open up and swallow me whole!
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I have a terrible memory so this is a regular occurrence for me. I love reading spoiler reviews of the book I have read and recap sites to help me get up to speed with what has gone before.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books. How do you politely say no when someone asks?
Oh gosh I hate this! I am not good at saying no to people but I do not like lending my books. Thankfully I have mentioned it in regular conversation a few times so no one tends to ask me. The only one I do loan my books to is my mum… and I know where she lives LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. You have picked up and put down five books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I do something else other than read. I will bingewatch a tv series, or I will watch a bunch of films. Maybe focus on knitting or sewing. I just let the slump be and come back to my books as and when I feel like reading again.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read. How many do you end up buying?
Well luckily we have a fantastic library service here so I will just put in a reservation for a lot of them, but if it is a book I really want I will have saved up or I will keep my eye out for special 3 for 2 deals etc. in a local book store.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelf before you read them?
If I have borrowed them from the library then immediately. Otherwise it is mood dependent. For instance I preordered Laini Taylor’s Muse of Nightmares and still have not read it *covers face in shame*
And that is it for another book tag!
Let me know what you think of my answers in the comments below and if you want to do this tag yourself then please comment with a link to your post in the comments below so I can read your answers.