I was tagged for The Liebster Award for the second time by dear friend Amanda. Amanda is one of the nicest people that you could possibly follow. She always has a kind word to say and writes really lovely blog posts (especially Juliet’s corner that she writes with her daughter’s input). You should all be following her if you are not already.
What is The Liebster Award?
I found all this information on The Global Aussie‘s page.
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
Questions from Amanda:
(1) What’s your favourite movie?
I find this such a tricky question to answer because I have a few that I just cannot choose between! My favourite film from my childhood is The Fox and The Hound and I think I also love While You Were Sleeping
(2) Who was your favourite childhood author?
Too hard to pick just one!! I loved (and still love) Louisa May Alcott who wrote Little Women and Judith Kerr who wrote When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit.
(3) What’s your favourite guilty pleasure read?
I don’t like to believe in the concept of guilty pleasure reads. As a mood reader I read what I want when I want. And so that means that some days I want to read something really old, some days I am all about YA, others I love reading literary fiction and at other times I just want to read science non-fiction… So really all of the types of books I like to read are pleasurable to me in some way.
(4) Where would you like to travel?
I would like to travel to the USA to visit my best friend who lives there now but I would also love to visit Athens for its incredible history. Also I would love to some day see the pyramids.
(5) Do you have any pets? Share pictures, if you do! If you don’t, do you want pets?
I have always had dogs since I was a little girl. My dogs have always been my constant companions and I have loved each of them dearly.
(6) What did you want to be when you grew up?
Many different things from being a teacher to a scientist to a rock star!!
(7) What’s a book you recommend to everyone?
I think I would always recommend Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice but a more recent rec would be Circe by Madeline Miller.
(8) What’s your favourite season?
Spring! There just is something magical about Spring with all the new growth and how everyone seems to be brighter after the dreariness of Winter.
(9) Do you listen to music while reading?
I sometimes do. I prefer listening to either instrumental music or acoustic singer-songwriter type musicians like Joshua Radin when I am reading. But I mostly tend to read in silence.
(10) Are there any books you would never read?
Horrors. Any books with gory violence. Can’t cope with either.
(11) Why do you like blogging?
It has become a great way of expressing myself and feeling more connected to other like minded people who share my passion for reading.
And those are my eleven questions from Amanda answered!
Thanks so much for the tag Amanda.
I now want to tag eleven other blogs for this award and for them to answer my eleven questions.
The blogs are as follows:
- Kappa Reads
- Coffee for Two Book Reviews
- Read with Allison
- Narrative Paradise
- Kitty Marie’s Reading Corner
- A Book Haven
- Chapter Malliumpkin
- Smitten for Fiction
- Maya the Book Explorer
- My Bookish Fantasy
It’s okay if you don’t want to do the tag, there’s no pressure or expectation. This is just for fun.
My questions for those I have tagged:
- If you could choose any bookish character to fight in your place in a match to the death who would it be and why?
- Who is your favourite band/singer/musician?
- What are your feelings on people who say that Young Adult fiction does not compare quality-wise to Adult fiction?
- Your home is on fire. Thankfully all your family, friends and pets (other sentient beings) are safe. You just have enough time to rescue three things from the blaze. What would you rescue and why?
- You’re away at a peaceful spa retreat. What three relaxing reads would you choose to take with you?
- What are your favourite pizza toppings?
- We are sending a capsule into space in the hopes that an alien species will find it and communicate with us. What three books that best represent the good and the bad of humanity should be placed in the capsule?
- What genre of books is your least favourite to read?
- Do you like to read spoilers before you read a book?
- How do you feel about books that end on a cliffhanger?
- The sign says do not press the button. Do you press the button?