I’m back with my third Liebster Award nomination. This time I was nominated by my brilliant friend Dini @Dinipandareads. Dini was one of the first blogging friends I made and it has been so much fun getting to know her through her blogging. She is definitely someone you all should be following if you are not already as her reviews are always informative and great fun to read, and as an added bonus she’s just really nice! Thanks so much for the nomination Dini <333
What is The Liebster Award?
I found all this information on The Global Aussie‘s page.
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
Questions from Dini:
(1) Do you have a bucket list? If yes, what are the top five items on your list? If not, what do you think would be in your top five?
I never thought about creating a bucket list because with my chronic illness there are things that just simply are not possible. However, there are a few places I have dreamed of travelling to: I’d love to see Greece so I could explore the ancient sites and I would like to go to Egypt to see the pyramids. I would like to see the Teracotta Army in China and I would really like to see a show on Broadway. And some day I really want to go to Wimbledon to see the tennis.
(2) What is a song you listened to recently that you haven’t been able to get off your mind?
I cannot get Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road out of my head this past week! I must be driving my neighbours crazy with my constant singing of it!!!
(3) What are three things you love most about the book community (blogs, book twitter, bookstagram)?
- The friends I have made through Goodreads and now through my blog. I have made friends especially through Goodreads that mean more to me than I ever thought possible from internet friends.
- The passionate discussions about books. Especially in my book group. It can get heated but it’s all in good fun.
- The knowledge that I am not the only one out there who would totally buy a perfume or candle that smelled of old books!!!
(4) What’s on your Top 3 list of favorite books you’ve read this year?
- Please Read This Leaflet Carefully by Karen Havelin
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
- The Confession by Jessie Burton
(5) What’s your phone background?
This photo of my dog:
(6) What popular/hyped book have you been put off reading?
Slayer by Kiersten White
I was a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer back in the day… I mean I still am. So I was eager to read this Buffy spin off when I first heard about it. Then I read The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by the same author. And it was terrible. There was no nuance or subtlety. Everything was either black or white, good or bad… It basically completely lost what it is that makes Frankenstein by Mary Shelley a true masterpiece. And so I thought well if White messed up a Frankenstein retelling so terribly then there is no way I want to read her take on the Buffyverse. So I kicked it off my TBR!
(7) If you could have one super power or magical power, what would it be?
(8) What’s a book that everyone loved but you didn’t?
A Darker Shade of Magic, A Court of Mist and Fury, The Raven Boys, Six of Crows, The Night Circus… there have been quite a few! I do love my unpopular opinions!!!
(9) If someone was going to cover your travel expenses to anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why?
USA! To see my best friend who lives there now. I haven’t seen her in five years and it sucks. I miss her so much.
(10) What book do you wish you could forget, just so you could read it again for the first time?
Pride and Prejudice. Who wouldn’t want to experience all those fluttery happy feelings again???
(11) If you didn’t have to work another day for the rest of your life or think about money, what would you love to do with your time?
Well I currently can’t work due to my long term illness. It sucks. So I’d actually love to be able to work. That would be the dream for me. To be able to prove myself with a career in science based research.
And those are my eleven questions from Dini answered!
Thanks so much for the tag Dini.
I now want to tag some other blogs for this award and for them to answer my eleven questions.
The blogs are as follows:
- Read with Cassie
- Oh My Book
- FNM Book Reviews
- Tiny Triangle Book Reviews
- Writers in the Family
- Facing the Story
- Read with Allison
- Book Reviews from a Novel Nerd
- Maras Folded Pages
- Reading at Tea Time
- and YOU!
It’s okay if you don’t want to do the tag, there’s no pressure or expectation. This is just for fun.
My questions for those I have tagged:
- If you had the power to talk to and be understood by any animal, what animal would you choose and why?
- If you could spend a year living in another country where would you choose and why?
- Would you rather be the best player on a terrible team or the worst player on a great team?
- Is a hot dog a sandwich? Explain your reasoning.
- Do you like to read the book before you watch its film adaptation?
- What is your all time favourite TV show?
- Do you have any special or unusual talents?
- What strange food combinations do you enjoy? (Mine is scallions in milky tea… yes I know it is weird!!)
- If they were making a film of your life who would you like to cast as yourself?
- What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
- What three books would you recommend that everyone read?