I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by the lovely Megan @A Geeky Gal. Thanks so much for the nomination Megan! I am really excited to get to answer these questions that you set.
The Origins of the Real Neat Blog Award
Before I answer the questions I did a little googling to try and find the origins of this award and the earliest reference I can find to it goes all the way back to 2014 and to a blog called Dear Kitty, Some Blog.
The award came about as a way to highlight bloggers that need more attention because of their awesome content on their blogs and the first logo ever created for the award is this one that I found on the same Dear Kitty, Some Blog page:
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate some bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
Questions set by Megan
(1) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully with a greater handle on my chronic illness… although it will affect me for my entire life I do sometimes have good years where I feel a lot stronger. I haven’t had a good year for nearly 10 years now so maybe this next decade will be a lot better.
(2) Who or what is your spirit animal?
This is one of those questions that I don’t feel quite able to answer as I am not someone whose culture is linked to spirit animals and do not wish to cause offence to anyone that lives with this belief system.
(3) What is one thing on your bucket list?
I don’t know if this is a bucket list thing or more of a dream but I always dreamed of either running or working in an animal sanctuary, specifically one that caters to dogs.
(4) What is your strategy for the zombie apocalypse?
LOL there’s no strategy that is going to stop me from being eaten, I know my weaknesses!! Maybe once I become a zombie myself I can become queen of the zombies??? That’d be cool!!
(5) What movie/book character are you most like?
This is such an impossible question! Can I just lie to myself and say that I am like Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice??? But really I’m not… She’s far more outspoken than I am. I’m not great at rocking the proverbial boat at all!!!
(6) If you could do anything you want for a living, what would it be?
A Nobel Prize winning research scientist who at night is a musician in a really edgy indie band…. A girl can dream right???
(7) If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?
Keep this one fed or else is liable to get irrationally tetchy!
And those are my questions from Megan!! Thanks once again for the nomination Megan.
Next up I am going to tag some blogs to receive this award:
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My seven questions for those tagged
- What country that you have not yet visited would you like to go to?
- What is your favourite flower?
- If you could go back in time, to which time period would you choose to visit?
- Do you believe we are alone in the universe?
- What is your all time favourite meal? (Include drinks, side orders, desserts etc. etc. Calories do not apply!!!!)
- If you were writing the book of your life what title would you give it?
- What is the blog post you are most proud of writing? Share a link to it.