I was tagged by the awesome Kitty Marie to take part in the NetGalley book tag and I never say no to a great book tag so here we go!!!
- Link back to the tag’s creator (Kourtni Reads)
- Thank and link back to the person who tagged you (that’s the fabulous Kitty)
- Answer the questions the best you can. If you don’t use NetGalley, you can substitute other sites or places where you get books!
- Tag a few people to do this too
Auto-Approved: Who’s one author whose books you automatically want to read, regardless of what they’re about?
Only one author?????????????
LET’S HAVE A LIST!!!!!!!!!!!
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie… I LOVE YOU! Please write a new book soon.
- Lindsey Kelk… ALREADY COUNTING DOWN TO HER NEW BOOK NEXT SUMMER
- Becky Chambers… GIMME ALL THE SCI FI!!!!!!
- Madeline Miller… THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH MYTH-BASED RETELLINGS. I NEED MORE!!!
- Max Porter… YOUR WORDS MAKE ME CRY BUT IN A GOOD WAY
- Jessie Burton… I LOVE THE WAY YOU CRAFT YOUR NOVELS
- Lauren James… WHY IS SHE SO UNDER-RATED??
- John Green… YOUR BOOKS MOVE ME SO DEEPLY
- Marie Lu… YOU ARE A QUEEN!!!
I’m sure there are more and the second I post this tag I will go OMG how could I forget!!!!!!!!
Request: What makes you want to request a book that you see on NetGalley?
Well a number of things… If it’s an author I love then hells yes do I hit that request button.
After that I go to my fav genres (literary, sci fi, YA, general fiction) and then it’s all based initially on the cover. If I don’t even like the cover I won’t hit the gimme more details button!!! #ShallowAndProud
And then if it’s got an interesting blurb to correspond with an eye-catching cover then I hit request!
But let’s be honest… it really is down to the cover!!!!!!!
Yes, yes it is… #SorryNotSorry!!!!
Feedback Ratio: Do you review every book you read? If not, how do you decide what books to review?
Yes I read and review every ARC I’m given through NetGalley. I don’t DNF because I feel I owe it to the author/publishers to give as complete a review as I can and the only way I feel I can do that is to read the entire book.
My current feedback ratio is about 96%… You may hate me!!! I never let it drop lower than 90% these days and have never once been late with a review when I have been granted a review copy before publication!! Am I smug??? YOU BETCHA!!!!!!!!
Badges: If you could create your own badge to display on your blog, what would it be for?
I think badges for own voices reviewers could be interesting. Or at least a category that potential own voice reviewers can register for.
Wish for It: What’s one book that you are absolutely dying to read?
I would really like to get an ARC of Lindsey Kelk’s next book once it comes onto NetGalley next year… I was turned down for her last book less than ten minutes after I requested it….. YES I AM BITTER BUT PLEASE HARPER COLLINS NEXT TIME GIVE IT TO ME OKAY????
NetGalley Challenge: What was the last book that you received as an ARC that you reviewed? If you’ve never received an ARC, what’s the last book you reviewed?
As of today (13/10/2019) the last NetGalley ARC I have reviewed is Permanent Record by Mary H.K. Choi and I rated it five stars.
And that’s it!!! I’m not going to tag anyone because I always seem to tag people who don’t like doing book tags…. I AM SORRY!!!!!!!!!!! So if you want to do this tag then consider yourself well and truly tagged and if not that’s all good too!