And I am back with my NINTH edition of The Sunshine Blogger Award… I swear you guys are just too nice. I love this tag so much and it puts such a great big smile on my face every time I get a notification that I have been tagged.
This time around I was nominated by the brilliant Heran @Be Frisky. Thank you so much Heran, I can’t wait to start answering your questions. I hope everyone out there reading this is following Heran as she is a really fabulous blogger with great content!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions set by Heran
(1) What was your first blog post?
I had to look this up even though I only started my blog in June!!! But apparently it was a post that introduced myself to the blogging community. You can read it here.
(2) What’s the best film you’ve seen this year? Why?
OMG I can’t think of one!!! I very rarely go to the cinema these days… haven’t been in at least 4 years I think. I did rewatch To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before this summer and I REALLY like that film because it is super cute but other than that I can’t think of many films I’ve watched. I mostly watch sports, current affairs and TV series.
(3) Where’s the best place you’ve ever been (on holiday)?
I loved it!!! So much amazing history in one place.
(4) What’s your favourite post you’ve written?
I wrote a post about my feelings on illness representation in books that meant a lot to me as I live with a chronic illness. You can read it here.
(5) Would you rather be the hero in a story or the villain? Why?
I remember as a little girl we were putting on a performance of Cinderella in school and the role I wanted was that of the villainous ugly sister. Even at age 9 I knew that villains have all the best scenes!!! WHO DOESN’T WANT TO BE EVIL…well fake evil!!!
(6) Is there anything you’re excited for in 2020 (bookish or non-bookish)?
Watching the Olympics on tv!! I LOVE watching the Olympics!!!!
(7) Do you have a favourite word?
Serendipity… I just really like the way it sounds plus it has such a cute meaning.
(8) What’s one song you think everybody should listen to?
‘Strange Fruit’ sung by the eternal legend that is Billie Holiday.
The contrast of Billie’s amazing vocals with the startling subject matter of the lyrics, that of lynching African Americans in the Deep South. It is a song that needs to be listened to as it is a reminder of the horrific atrocities that human beings are capable of.
Southern trees bear a strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees
Pastoral scene of the gallant south
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh
[Verse 3]written by Abel Meeropol
Here is fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop
(9) Are you a plot person or a characters person?
I think character studies are much more interesting than plot driven stories… Don’t get me wrong I would always choose to have both but the strength of the characters is what makes a book truly enjoyable to me.
(10) What’s one thing that’s on your bucket list?
I would love to see the Pyramids of Giza some day.
(11) What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
Same as every week; chatting with my fabulous bookish friends!
And that’s a wrap on Heran’s questions! Thanks again Heran for nominating me. I really enjoyed getting to answer your questions.
Next up I am going to tag some blogs to receive this award:
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My eleven questions for those tagged
- Do you own multiple copies of any book? If yes then what book/s?
- What is your current favourite song?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- If you could get to spend the day with any celebrity who would you choose and what would you spend the day doing?
- Have you any auto-buy authors?
- What is your all time favourite TV show?
- What is the last book you either rated one star or DNFd?
- Water, still or sparkling?
- What is your favourite season?
- What has been your favourite read of 2019?
- I love contemporary books. What contemporary book would you recommend that I read?