I’m back with my fourth Liebster Award nomination. This time I was nominated by the fabulous Leelynn @Sometimes Leelynn Reads. Leelynn is AMAZING!!! I mean it people. She is one of the best people out there in the big old blogosphere. Her posts are witty and brilliant, and 100% authentic. If she’s got an opinion she will share it in the BEST way possible. You guys just follow her already and you will not regret it!!!
What is The Liebster Award?
I found all this information on The Global Aussie‘s page.
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
Questions from Leelynn:
(1) What is your least favourite genre and why?
Horror… Sorry Amanda!! But OMG I don’t understand why anyone would willingly let themselves be terrified… I CAN’T COPE WITH HORROR AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
(2) If you could switch places with any character (book, TV show, or movie) for a day, who would you switch with and what would you do?
OMG!!!!!!!!! I would switch with Bellamy from the TV show The 100 and make him dump Echo and hook up with Clarke…. BELLARKE IS MY SHIP PEOPLE!!!! (Gabby I know you are proud of me right now lol!!)
GOD THAT REUNION HUG KILLS ME!!!!!!!!!!!
(3) Which character has an outfit that you’d love to wear?
Oh I’m a girl who likes her PJs…
*tries desperately to think of a character in PJs*
But it’s okay because I am wearing PJs as I type this!!!
I HAVE MY ANSWER!!! When I searched for a PJs themed gif I remembered Bridget Jones!!! I WILL SWAP WITH BRIDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(4) What song would you pick as your theme song?
Wait by Alexi Murdoch means so much to me. It’s a song that really speaks to my soul and I feel that the lyrics reveal so much about how I see myself. It’s been a song I return to for comfort over the years and has become a sort of personal anthem.
(5) Should books come with a soundtrack or a playlist while reading it? Why or why not?
No… Yes… No… I DON’T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Reading is so personal and interpretation of a book is so personal, much like music that plays in your headphones alone can deeply affect the listener in a unique way… So I don’t really like it when authors suggest a playlist for the book I’m reading because I like to decide for myself what music fits a book…
BUT HERE IS WHERE I THROW THAT CURVEBALL!!!
I have listened to suggested playlists on Spotify that publishing companies create for books and I’ve liked them…. SO CONFLICTED I AM!!!!!!!!!!!
(6) Do you like to create playlists for the books you read?
Oh I am far too lazy for that!! I have done it once or twice but typically I just listen to a generic playlist of instrumental music when I am reading.
(7) How do you feel about dream casts?
Don’t like them. It again goes back to this concept of reading being a deeply intimate experience and I don’t like seeing real people being cast into the role of a character I love because I have a way of visualising that character in my own head… not that I visualise faces or anything, but I visualise colours and feeling associated with characters.
(8) If you could adapt any book into a TV show or movie, which one would it be, what format, and who would be the main cast?
Oh no… Nightmare question. I don’t like adapting beloved books. I can’t answer this.
IT IS TOO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!
(9) Do you read the book or watch the TV show/movie first?
Well obviously the book… and then avoid the adaptation….
(10) If you could pick someone to write and perform a song inspired by you, who would you pick?
OMG!!!!!! If John Mayer wants to write a song about me I would just die. DIE!!!! I love him so much!!!
(11) What is your favourite music video to watch as of right now?
ANYTHING BY JOHN MAYER!!!!!!! But if you guys have not watched his New Light video then you are in for a TREAT!!!
And those are Leelynn’s questions answered… LEELYNN THEY WERE HARD BOO!!!! I need a nice lie down to recover…
But not before I tag the following blogs to receive this award too:
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My eleven questions for those tagged (including questions I *borrowed* from Leelynn…)
- What is your favourite all time music video? Share a link.
- If you could spend a year living in another country where would you choose and why?
- If you could switch places with any character (book, TV show, or film) for a day, who would you switch with and what would you do?
- What is the best snack food in your opinion?
- Do you like to read the book before you watch its film adaptation?
- What’s on your list of top three books that you have read so far in 2019?
- What are three things you love most about being a member of the online book community (blogs, book twitter, bookstagram, Goodreads etc.)?
- Do you have a bucket list? If yes, what are the top five items on your list? If not, what do you think would be in your top five?
- If they were making a film of your life who would you like to cast as yourself?
- What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
- If you could pick someone to write and perform a song inspired by you, who would you pick?