I was nominated for The Awesome Blogger Award by the very lovely Lauren @Lala’s Book Reviews. Thank you so much for the nomination Lauren, it was really sweet of you to think of me.
What is The Awesome Blogger Award?
The award was created by Maggie @Dreaming of Guatemala. This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (that’s the fabulous Lauren!!! Thanks again Lauren!)
- Credit the creator
- Tag this post with #AwesomeBloggerAward
- Answer all the questions given to you
- Nominate some people
- Write 10 questions for them to answer
Questions set by Lauren
(1) What is a hyped book that you didn’t like as much as others?
Oh so many to choose from…
- The Night Circus
- A Court of Mist and Fury
- Six of Crows
- The Raven Boys (Cycle??) Gosh I can’t even remember the correct name any more!
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- The Nightingale
- We Were Liars
- The Wicked Deep
- The Problem with Forever
- Paper Towns
- Anna and the French Kiss
- A Darker Shade of Magic
- The Book Thief
- The Wrath and the Dawn
- The Great Gatsby
- The Deal
- On the Come Up
Pretty sure I’ve picked at least one book that each of my bookish friends loves….
(2) What is your favourite paranormal/mythical creature to read about?
Mythical creature… a feminist male???????????
BAHAHAHA I kid, I kid… kinda…
I love reading about any sort of Greek mythology so think centaurs, minotaurs, nymphs etc.
(3) Age old question: coffee or tea?
Tea. Coffee is disgusting and is not allowed in my kitchen!
(4) What is your favourite reading season?
From January to the end of Summer… (basically I get slumpy through Autumn!!)
(5) What about a book inspires you to pick it up?
A captivating blurb…. but realistically if I’ve never heard of it and am browsing in a bookshop or library then it needs a good title on the spine and/or a gorgeous cover!
(6) Who is your favourite musician?
(7) What would your perfect day consist of you doing?
I would wake up in no pain and with boundless energy. That would be perfect.
Then I would do simple things like making a nice breakfast for everyone, pancakes most likely. And then make a packed lunch and head off into the mountains for some gentle hiking with everyone (dogs included). That evening there would be a tasty meal out at a dog-friendly, cosy pub followed by a fun quiz and a sing-song. Then home to bed.
(8) What’s a hobby (besides reading) that you love to do and couldn’t live without?
Is it terrible to say watching TV……
(9) Do you have any quirky talents?
I don’t think there’s anything truly quirky about me!! Any talents I do have are quite regular; I sing a bit, can knit and sew a bit, can cook a bit… basically I am a jack-of-all-trades type person.
(10) What is something that instantly makes you happy?
Dogs. Petting them, playing with them, cosying up on the couch with them… but especially my own poocherino!
And those are the questions from Lauren answered! Thanks so much for the nomination Lauren.
Next up I am going to tag some blogs to receive this award:
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My ten questions for those tagged
- Do you prefer Bookstagram or Book Twitter? Share your social links.
- Do you listen to music while listening? Or have you a favourite song that you associate with a particular book?
- What would you like to be remembered for?
- Who is your favourite musician/band/singer?
- Who or what are you most grateful for in life?
- What is your favourite book to film adaptation?
- What are your hopes for your blog in the next year?
- You are going away on a relaxing holiday for a week. Where would you go and what five books would you bring with you to reread?
- It’s nice to be important but it’s important to be nice. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
- How many books have you read so far this year?