Oh this week… what a mess!!! After last week and getting to blog hop so much I should have known that that would not be repeated this week!!! So a combination of broadband connectivity problems and just being rather unwell has meant that I have not gotten a chance to get around to everyone’s blogs this past week… FINGERS CROSSED NEXT WEEK WILL BE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I read this week
I read four books this week…
I read two YA books: Light Years by Kass Morgan and its sequel Supernova which were a lot of trashy space opera fun.
And I also read two children’s books: A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig and The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I have recently rediscovered a love for reading some children’s fiction when I am feeling quite unwell. I have found that there is a unique sort of magic in childhood reading and it can be very healing during pain flare ups.
I will have reviews of each of these books up later this week.
What I am currently reading
I am finally reading Frankly in Love by David Yoon!!! I am so excited for this book… PLEASE DO NOT LET ME DOWN!!!!!!!!!
The following are the book reviews that I posted to my blog this week:
- Meet Me Under the Mistletoe by Abby Clements
- Reality is Not What it Seems by Carlo Rovelli
- The Language of Cherries by Jen Marie Hawkins
- Christmas Ever After by Sarah Morgan
- A Short History of Falling by Joe Hammond
- My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
- The Silent Treatment by Abbie Greaves
- How to Stuff Up Christmas by Rosie Blake
Book tags and other miscellany
- Goodreads Monday: The Essex Serpent
- Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie – Christmas Music to Listen to While Reading
- Award: Awesome Blogger
- Thursday Discussion: Books to Give as Gifts
- Book Tag: The Jingle Bell Tag
And so that wraps up another week on my blog! Here’s to a great week ahead of us all.