I’m here today with another edition of The Liebster Award. This time I was nominated by the awesome Jess @Book Reviews from a Novel Nerd. Thank you so much for the nom Jess. It was very kind of you to think of me.
You guys should definitely be following Jess if you are not already as she blogs about such an interesting range of books that makes her blog one of the best out there!
What is The Liebster Award?
I found all this information on The Global Aussie‘s page.
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
Questions from Jess:
What is your favorite colour?
If you could be any character in a book, who would you choose to be and why?
The smart-ass friend who gets to say sassy things from the sidelines but who never gets into peril and lives happily ever after!
Is there a book you wish wasn’t written?
There are books I maybe wish I hadn’t read because I feel they brought no value or personal enjoyment to me, but I don’t think I could ever wish that a book would be unwritten as it would have meant something to the author to write it… except for any book that is filled with hate speech and treacherous propaganda. Those books need to burn.
Have you ever felt that a book was written about your life?
Never completely but there are parts of me that have identified with some books over the year. The Catcher in the Rye being one, The Fault in Our Stars another. And in 2019 Please Read This Leaflet and Sick Kids in Love because they felt like really authentic illness rep that I could deeply relate to.
Who is your auto-buy author?
Prepare for a list…
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Lindsey Kelk
- Becky Chambers
- Max Porter
- Madeline Miller
- Marie Lu
- Lauren James
- Jess Burton
- Carlos Ruiz Zafon
I just know I have forgotten people….
What did you always dream your occupation would be as a child? Was that dream fulfilled or did it change as you grew older?
I wanted to be a teacher when I was very little but that changed to a ballerina which in turn swiftly changed to being a rock star. But then I settled on becoming a *mad* scientist… but still a rock star too!
Well I am still working on the rock star aspect but I am a qualified research scientist.
What was your favourite childhood movie?
The Fox and the Hound
What is your current favourite movie?
Oh I have no idea! I don’t really watch that many films so have no current fav per se. Some of my all time favs include The Shawshank Redemption, the original Star Wars trilogy, While You Were Sleeping, You’ve Got Mail, Star Trek First Contact, Indiana Jones (not that awful fourth one though), My Fair Lady, Roman Holiday… for someone who doesn’t watch that many films I do have a fair few favs……….
What is your favourite song?
IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION!!!! It changes weekly if not daily. Let’s just answer ALL of John Mayer’s back catalogue except for that version of Crossroads on his Battle Studies album…
Do you listen to music when you read or do you need complete silence?
I prefer either gentle instrumental music or silence but neither are absolutely necessary.
Do you annotate your books? What is your method if you do so?
Sometimes yes, I like to highlight with highlighters and write my thoughts and feelings in the margin in pen.
I tag the following blogs to now receive this award:
- Devour Books with Dana
- Smellfoy Can Read
- Holly Loves Books
- KB Book Reviews
- Ally Writes Things
- Bookish Me
- The Wordy Habitat
- Lori’s Bookshelf Reads
- Megabunny Reads
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My eleven questions for those tagged
- What is your favourite film?
- If you could go on an all expenses-paid luxury holiday where would you choose to go?
- If you could switch places with any character (book, TV show, or film) for a day, who would you switch with and what would you do?
- What is your favourite food to snack on while reading or watching TV?
- What is your favourite season?
- What’s on your list of top three books that you have read in 2019?
- What are three things you love most about being a member of the online book community (blogs, book twitter, bookstagram, Goodreads etc.)?
- Do you have a bucket list? If yes, what are the top five items on your list? If not, what do you think would be in your top five?
- If you were writing the book of your life what would the title be?
- What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
- If you could pick someone to write and perform a song inspired by you, who would you pick?