I was recently nominated for The Unique Blogger Award by the lovely Karla @AnotherBookWorm. Thank you so much for thinking of me Karla, I am so grateful for your kindness. This is my first time ever being nominated for this award and I am super excited to get to answer your questions.
- Thank and share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you for The Unique Blogger Award
- Answer their three questions
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 blogs for the same award and ask them three new questions
Questions from Karla
If you could meet any author living or dead, who would it be?
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can I choose just one???? Can I cheat and maybe say the three Bronte sisters?? Because I just think it would be fascinating to discuss about being taken seriously as a female writer and to just get to talk to them about feminism would be amazing!
What is your favourite book cover ever?
Entwined by Heather Dixon.
Honourable mentions to the UK hardback versions of Circe by Madeline Miller, Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor and The Binding by Bridget Collins
What is your favourite book of 2019 and why?
I don’t know!!! It is too hard to choose between Please Read This Leaflet by Karen Havelin (because I strongly identified with it on a personal level) and The Binding by Bridget Collins (because it is a book about books plus has an amazing romance). And then there’s My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell (which I read as an ARC and just is incredibly written)… I can also argue for The Confession by Jessie Burton (because it is such an amazing portrayal of womanhood) and I can’t forget Lanny by Max Porter and To Be Taught If Fortunate by Becky Chambers… This was a GREAT year of books in my opinion.
But if I am truly pushed to answer it then I think it has to be Jessie Burton’s The Confession… or maybe Lanny by Max Porter…
And that’s a wrap on Karla’s questions! Thanks again Karla for nominating me. I really enjoyed getting to answer your questions.
Next up I am going to tag some blogs to receive this award:
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My three questions for those tagged
- What is your favourite type of blog-post to write?
- Who is the person that has most inspired you in your life?
- Name one author (or twenty…lol we are all book addicts here!) whose books you are always excited to read.