This week I took a little bit of an unplanned break from blogging so apologies if I have not been around to visit your blog.
It was nice to actually take some time away (even though I had posts scheduled and my blog was still active) as it has helped me to recharge my flagging batteries. Hopefully in the next few days I will be back to my usual self and back to the daily blog hop!
I would really love if everyone commented below with links to some of your favourite posts that you wrote from the past week so I could catch up. Feel free to link as many posts as you like in the comments section and I will definitely get to them all in the next few days.
What I read this week
I am beginning to think that my reading speed has taken a permanent dip as most weeks I find I struggle to read more than two to three books whereas in the past I was frequently reading five or more books…
But it is what it is.
My blog has definitely impacted on both my energy and time, and it means that I do read a little less BUT the trade off is getting to be a part of a fabulous community and make some truly wonderful bookish friends.
As for the two books I read this week:
- Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer
- North Child (aka East) by Edith Pattou
I thoroughly enjoyed both books, 4 and 5 stars respectively and will have reviews of both on my blog this week.
What I am currently reading
Last night I started to read my only out-standing ARC, How We Disappeared by Jing-Jing Lee. The paperback is due to be released at the beginning of February so it’s nice to know that I will have it read in plenty of time for that.
Once I finish this book my NetGalley feedback ratio will be back to 100%! WOOO!!! (Until one of my other recent ARC requests comes through obvs!) But it is nice to feel so on top of my ARCs again.
Interview with ME!!!
A few weeks ago my friend Elanor @ReadingAtTeatime interviewed me for her blog.
It was a lot of fun being asked all of these great questions about my blog and reading habits. I would really love if you could check out the post (link here) and send some love to Elanor’s blog as she is such a dedicated blogger and writes really great posts about all sorts of bookish topics…not just posts that I’m featured in!
The following are the book reviews that I posted to my blog this week:
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary
- Starsight (Skyward #2) by Brandon Sanderson
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- A Keeper by Graham Norton
- The Next Together by Lauren James
- The Last Beginning (The Next Together #2) by Lauren James
- The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton
Book tags and other miscellany
- Goodreads Monday: Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Top Ten Tuesday: Anticipated Releases for 2020
- Award: Unique Blogger
- Book Discussion: The Naughty List: My Least Fav Books of 2019 Part One and Part Two
- Book Tag: Would You Rather Bookish Edition
And that’s it for another week on my blog!