Today I’m back with my sixth edition of The Liebster Award. I was nominated for this award by my lovely friend Mani @Mani’s Book Corner. Mani is such a wonderful person and an incredibly supportive member of the blogging community. If you aren’t following Mani already then you definitely need to change that right now!
What is The Liebster Award?
I found all this information on The Global Aussie‘s page.
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
Questions from Mani:
What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year and why?
Well as I am writing this it is still 2019 (December 1st to be precise) but by the time I have posted it it could be 2020… I have read over twenty five star reads this year so far. A stat I am blown away by!! And right now I just can’t choose one!
What do you like to do, other than read?
I love to follow tennis on TV. I am a big fan of Roger Federer, Serena Williams and Andy Murray.
What’s a book genre that you never read?
Horror. Also crime thrillers. I just don’t need that kind of darkness in my life.
What’s the oldest read book on your shelf?
Homer’s The Iliad.
What are the top 3 characteristics you look for in a good book?
- Authentic feeling characters.
- Intelligent and lyrical prose.
- An original plot.
How many books is too many books in a book series?
I’m not really a big fan of series! I prefer standalone novels.
A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love?
Oh lol where do I start…
Six of Crows, Raven Boys, Fangirl, We Were Liars, Cinder, The Book Thief, The Wrath and the Dawn, Illuminae Files, The Deal, The Night Circus, It Ends With Us, Alice in Wonderland, The Chronicles of Narnia, Beartown…
I’m pretty sure there are more but I can’t remember them right now LOL!
Can you describe your perfect day?
One without pain. I don’t know what that feels like anymore so I would like to just have one day without pain and sickness… Oh the life of a spoonie!
What genre do you rarely read, but wish you read more of?
I don’t exclusively read any one genre and instead read quite broadly so I don’t really feel like I am leaving out any interesting genre from my reading.
How many book do you currently have on your physical TBR pile/shelves?
Oh my gosh who even knows!!!!! An infinite number really.
What advice would you give your younger self, if you could?
Don’t sacrifice who you are for the sake of friendship. Friendship is a mutual thing and it is not up to you to always be there to listen when it is to the detriment of your own mental well-being.
And those are Mani’s questions answered… Thank you so much for the nomination Mani.
I now tag the following blogs to receive this award too:
- A Geeky Gal
- Lucy’s Novel Purpose
- Lori’s Bookshelf Reads
- Jamsu Dreams
- Goodey Reads
- Lola Et La Vie
- Maxine’s Obsessions
- Siobhan’s Obsessions
- Lala’s Book Reviews
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My eleven questions for those tagged
- What is the first book you ever remember buying?
- Have you ever read any book that changed the way you see yourself or how you see the world? If so what book and why?
- What is your favourite food to snack on while reading?
- What is your favourite thing about book blogging or blogging in general?
- What is your favourite ever quote from a book and why that quote?
- If you could only ever read books by one author for the rest of your life, what author would that be?
- What is your favourite genre to read?
- What is your least favourite genre to read?
- If you could have any super-power for a day what would you choose?
- Have you ever bought a book based on its cover alone? If so what was the book and what about the cover drew you in?
- Do you prefer books that make you laugh or books that make you cry? Explain why so.