I am so behind on my tags it’s not funny….
I’m here today with a post for The Mystery Blogger Award. I was nominated for this waaay back in early December by my fabulous friend Lauren @Narrative Paradise. I utterly adore Lauren. She is one of my absolute favourite bloggers out there because (a) she’s hilarious (b) Star Wars and (c) she’s just so freaking nice!!! Y’all need to be following her if you aren’t already.
So what is The Mystery Blogger Award?
IT IS A MYSTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to look up where it came from but the blog links back to the original creator are not working for me so I am super clueless right now!! All I know is it was created by Okoto @OkotoEnigmasBlog.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things about Me!
- I am unabashedly a dog person. I remember people by their dog’s name rather than their own!
- I am a big fan of watching tennis and it would be an absolute dream of mine to one day attend Wimbledon.
- I don’t like fan casting my favourite books as when I am reading a book I never see the characters as having faces or any other distinguishing body shape etc. Instead I see the characters as colour and emotion.
Questions from Lauren
(1) How did you feel about The Greatest Showman? Fantastic film, horrible trainwreck, or something in between?
One of the reasons I am so late with this particular post is because of this question. Because I have not yet seen The Greatest Showman and I had said,okay I will watch it over Christmas for Lauren…. But I couldn’t do it. I watched a few minutes and nope… Seeing the incredibly not young Hugh Jackman being paired with Jen from Dawson’s Creek was just nope… HE IS TOO OLD FOR HER…. and omg… I just can’t deal with Hugh Jackman singing any more… I BLAME LES MIS!!!!!!!!!!! I thought he was terrible in that. He totally had the wrong feeling for Valjean. I was lucky enough to see Les Mis a number of years back…more like decades… But it had Colm Wilkinson singing as Valjean and omg he was perfection. So when I watched the film version I couldn’t cope. Jackman just sucked. So really one should blame Les Mis for me not wanting to watch The Greatest Showman.
(2) When you’re feeling down, what kinds of books do you like to read to cheer yourself up?
In the past I would have said cute and fluffy romantic comedies… But in the past few months I have discovered the joy of reading middle-grade. They have been like a salve to my aching soul and I highly recommend picking some gentle middle-grade fantasies to cheer yourself up when the world is just not going your way.
(3) Have you ever boycotted a piece of entertainment? If yes, which one and why?
When I first heard about Ender’s Game I reeeeally wanted to read it. But then I read about Orson Scott Card’s incredibly problematic and hateful viewpoints on LGBTQ+ people and I have therefore decided to never read his books.
(4) Would you rather a book’s plot develops quickly (like Bad Kitty) or simmers slowly (like The Night Circus)?
Oooh good question. I think it all depends on my mood. Sometimes I love a lazy, languid plot and other times I adore a quick page turner. But I know that I do tend to prefer character studies over books that are driven by plot.
(5) Hugh Jackman: underrated, overrated, or appropriately rated?
I guess appropriately? He’s not rated that highly is he?? I quite like him as a person as when I have ever seen him in interviews on TV he seems quite personable. But he has made some suuuuuper dodgy films over the years. Let’s list the dodgy ones I have seen or half seen!
- Kate and Leopold
- Someone Like You
- Van Helsing
- Les Miserables
- Any of the X Men
- Real Steel
- The Fountain
Wow that is a fair few dodgy films (and those are only ones that I have seen!). But he did do a stage version of Oklahoma that was recorded that I quite liked though!!
Link to my favourite post
I quite like this post I wrote about Reading Challenges and why they are not for me.
People I am Tagging for this Award
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My Questions for Those I Have Tagged
- Do you think there is a place for one star reviews in the blogging community?
- How do you feel about audiobooks?
- Have you ever emotionally identified with a character or plot in a book that you felt the author was writing the words that are etched on your soul?
- What was the last book (or film) that made you cry?
- What ice cream flavour do you think best represents your personality? E.g. are you vanilla with sprinkles? Maybe you’re a decadent salted caramel? Or maybe you’re a scoop of rocky road?