I was nominated for The Awesome Blogger Award by book blogging people, Autumn @Chapter Malliumpkin. Thank you so much for the nomination Autumn, you really are the best.
Y’all really need to be following Autumn already if you aren’t because OMG she is just so amazing. Her blog is a space of utter beauty, kindness and awesome bookish content and I utterly adore it, but more importantly I adore her.
What is The Awesome Blogger Award?
The award was created by Maggie @Dreaming of Guatemala. This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (that’s the fabulous Lauren!!! Thanks again Lauren!)
- Credit the creator
- Tag this post with #AwesomeBloggerAward
- Answer all the questions given to you
- Nominate some people
- Write 10 questions for them to answer
Questions set by Autumn
It’s late at night and you’re looking up at the stars when you see a shooting star, what wish would you make in that moment and why?
I am always gazing at the night sky, I do it most nights in fact when I am letting my dog out just before bedtime. And I am always struck by this kind of wondrous majesty and this feeling that there has to be more to this universe than just us here on this little planet. So I don’t tend to wish on stars but instead I just fall silent in reverence and awe.
What are you top five books on you holiday wish list this year?
As you can tell Autumn set these questions around the festive season and I am somewhat late with my answers. I do apologise Autumn. But for next Christmas…and every Christmas thereafter I would gladly be the recipient of any of the Penguin Clothbound Classics series.
Aside from books, what are some of you greatest passions? List six!
Oh my gosh six…. I am not sure I am that passionate about six things! But then it’s not six hobbies so that is different…
- Patient welfare. I am extremely passionate about patient welfare and for there to be some mechanism that patients can use to demand better healthcare and really to be afforded basic human dignity and kindness. As a longterm ill person I have been on the receiving end of a lot of poor treatment from those people who are in the so-called caring profession.
- True equality. Our world is very unjust and sadly too much is dependent on the colour of your skin, nationality, your gender, your sexual orientation.
- Love. I am passionate about love and believing that we are all worthy of love in all its wonderful guises.
- Dogs. The most amazing of all animals.
- Music. The ability to listen to music is a gift that I treasure deeply.
- Cheese. I am very passionate about my cheeses!!!! From cheddar to brie to buffalo mozzarella… I love it all!
Since it’s the holidays, let’s get festive! Tell me your top five favorite holiday movies to watch this time of year!
Oooof so sorry I am late with these answers! But for me Christmas isn’t Christmas without watching the following:
- Indiana Jones original trilogy (not the fourth, we forget the fourth happened)
- Back to the Future I and II (not a fan of the third)
- Home Alone
- The Sound of Music
I know, only one of these is actually a Christmas film lol!
- Die Hard
- Love Actually
- The Holiday
- The Santa Clause
If you got to be any Disney character for a day, who would it be and why?
Oh I need to be an evil queen. 100%. Or that evil fairy in Sleeping Beauty. Just let me be bad for the day please! Ooooh the power trip… *giggles*
Let’s talk about underrated books! What are you top five choices for books you think are underrated or barely hear anyone talking about?
- Sarah Baume’s A Line Made by Walking
- Dean Atta’s The Black Flamingo
- Hannah Moskowitz’s Sick Kids in Love
- Samantha Sotto’s Love and Gravity
- Zeyn Joukhadar’s The Map of Salt and Stars
Tell me about the first book you fell in love with! What book was it and what made you fall in love with it some much that you can’t seem to forget it!
Simple. Has to be my beloved ‘Dennis the Dragon Finds a New Job’. It’s torn, tatty looking, missing the back cover…but it’s one of the most precious books I own because of the memories it holds. Memories of my puppy who tore it (she died at only a few months old so it feels like something tangible to remember her by), memories of being distracted by it in hospital (it’s filled with colourful plasters that the nurses gave me) but mostly memories of sitting quietly and reading it as a little girl. Being transported away to this magical land of dragons, ice cream and fun fairs…
As the end of the year quickly approaches, what are three things that you’re hoping 2020 will bring?
Peace. Happiness. Stillness. I just want to leave a quiet, peaceful and contented 2020.
And those are the questions from Autumn answered! Thanks so much for the nomination Autumn.
Next up I am going to tag some blogs to receive this award:
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My ten questions for those tagged
- Who is your favourite side / supporting character in a novel?
- What book do you think had the best world building?
- You need to escape your house (for some reason) and can only bring five books with you. What books would you take?
- Which fictional character do you most strongly identify with or feel that is most like you personality-wise?
- What animal would you want as your superhero side-kick?
- Which genre of books is the most unfairly under-rated in your opinion?
- What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
- Would you rather read a great plot with average characters or a boring plot with amazing characters?
- Do you annotate your books?
- If you could switch places with any character (book, TV show, or film) for a day, who would you switch with and what would you do?