Thanks so much to the fabulous Dini @Dinipandareads for nominating me for this award, my twelfth one!!!! Shooketh I am!!
But seriously you guys if you all aren’t following Dini yet then you really need to change that! Dini is just so warm and lovely, and is one of the most welcoming and supportive bloggers out there. She’s simply wonderful and deserves all the follows!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions set by Dini
If you could get an ARC of any one of your most anticipated releases, which would it be?
The next book by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie… I don’t even know if there is one in the pipeline but anything she writes I want to read!
What is your least favourite book you have read this year?
I’m answering this with 2019 in mind… And I am torn. Probably the most problematic book I read this year was The Friend Zone so I did not like that at all… But The Fandom was such a hot mess that is hard to ignore that one too!!!
What is a book or series that you feel is overrated?
OOOOOh Come at me with those pitchforks…. HARRY POTTER!!!
What is a book that you always recommend to everyone?
A Notable Woman by Jean Lucey Pratt
What is a hyped book you have no interest in reading?
Anything by Leigh Bardugo, Maggie Stiefvater and Cassandra Clare.
What is a movie/TV show location that you want to visit IRL?
Oooh there was a film set at Wimbledon wasn’t there!!!! Gosh how I would love to go to Wimbledon.
It’s a dark and stormy winter’s night. What book would you curl up beside the fire to reread?
Ehh….. I’m not much of a re-reader or someone that follows a definite TBR so it would just be whatever book my mood would decide that night!
Would you only check out books from libraries or buy all your books new for the rest of your life?
Libraries. They give you free books!!!! And free suits my pocket LOL!
What’s your favourite time of the day to read?
Night time. I always stay up too late reading!
Best bookstore you’ve visited?
Chapters in Dublin, Ireland. It’s an independent book store with the most amazing collection of books for sale plus an entire floor of second hand books. Who doesn’t love a bookish bargain?!?!?!
If you could have dinner with three authors who would they be and why?
I’m going to assume you mean living authors because my answer would be somewhat different if I could choose deceased authors.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Jessie Burton and Lindsey Kelk.
And that’s a wrap on Dini’s questions! Thanks again Dini for nominating me. I really enjoyed getting to answer your questions.
Next up I am going to tag some blogs to receive this award:
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My eleven questions for those tagged
- Have you any bookish pet peeves?
- What was your dream job as a little kid?
- What is your favourite genre of film to watch?
- How do you feel about roller coasters?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What was/is your favourite subject at school?
- How would you describe your fashion sense?
- Who is your favourite actor/actress?
- What are the three personality traits/characteristics that you think are most important in a good friend?
- How many books did you read in 2019?
- What is your favourite feel-good song?