I’m here today with a post for The Mystery Blogger Award. I was nominated for this by Lori @Lori’s Bookshelf Reads. Thank you so much for the nomination Lori. I do apologise that I am only getting around to posting this so many weeks after you have nominated me.
So what is The Mystery Blogger Award?
IT IS A MYSTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to look up where it came from but the blog links back to the original creator are not working for me so I am super clueless right now!! All I know is it was created by Okoto @OkotoEnigmasBlog.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things about Me!
- My all time favourite food is lasagne.
- I have allegedly been learning to play the guitar for twenty years… I can only play one chord! (The strings just hurt my fingers too much>)
- I really enjoy watching this TV show called Escape to the Country that is shown on the BBC in the afternoons. It is about people who want to buy a new house in the country and I just love seeing all the different houses lol!
Questions from Lori
(1) Do you believe in any supernatural beings? If so, what?
I have a faith in there being something more to this life than how we presently understand it but I don’t buy into things such as ghosts etc.
(2) Your favourite movie/tv show adaption?
I really love the adaptation of Bridget Jones’ Diary. I think it is better than the book!
(3) Are there any non-bookish related items you collect?
Grey hairs???? But outside of books and bookmarks I do not collect anything. Sorry to be so dull lol!!!
(4) Do you have any popular authors, you do not read?
I have never read anything by JK Rowling and Cassandra Clare. And popular authors that I have read before but have no interest in reading again include Jay Kristoff, Kiersten White and Maggie Stiefvater.
(5) All-time favourite book that you’d recommend everyone to read?
My go to recommendation is different to my actual favourite book! I think everyone should read Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun because (a) it is superbly written and (b) it really gives an insight into people affected by war and and how it can pervert even the most innocent.
Link to my favourite post
I quite like this discussion post about the need for one star reviews.
People I am Tagging for this Award
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My Questions for Those I Have Tagged
- If you could interview one author, living or dead, for your blog who would you choose and why?
- Are there any authors whose books you refuse to read due to their personal viewpoints or similar?
- Are there any books out there that you feel are over hyped and perhaps not deserving of the praise they receive?
- What has been the most rewarding thing about blogging in your life?
- If you could choose to be a mythological / fantastical creature for a day what would you choose to be and why? (E.g. vampire, mer-creature, centaur, faerie etc.)