I’m here today with a post for The Mystery Blogger Award. I was nominated for this by my sweet friend Autumn. Guys what can I say about Autumn… If you want to follow someone that spreads such goodness and light then you need to be following my girl Autumn. She is so wonderful; so kind and just an all around amazing person.
So what is The Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. The award was created by Okoto @OkotoEnigmasBlog.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things about Me!
- My all time favourite TV show is Friends.
- When I was younger I used to dip scallions (spring onions) in my tea and eat them with all that milky tea goodness…. Yes this is strange. I am aware lol!
- I am terrified of heights. You will not ever be hearing that I have jumped out of a plane or done one of those crazy bridge bungee jumps.
Questions from Autumn
(1) What was the hardest thing you overcame this year (2019)?
Oh that is a super tough question! I think accepting that some friendships just reach a natural endpoint and to not let myself feel guilt and regret at their ending. I went through a lot of soul searching in the latter part of 2019 and it wasn’t easy… but I have learned that I should never compromise who I am for the sake of someone else.
(2) What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Oh I love decorating the Christmas tree and just sitting and staring at it in contemplative silence.
(3) What five books would you like to receive before the year is over?
Well this question was originally asked before the end of 2019 and well that is well behind us now. But I am always willing to accept Penguin cloth covered classics at any time of the year lol!
(4) If you could make one wish right now, what wish would you make and why?
I would wish that everyone could be allowed to live their best life, and just be who they were born to be withoutt fear or recrimination (as long as their best life wasn’t them out there hurting other people). I just don’t think I could make a wish for purely personal gain because there is so much pain and suffering in this world.
(5) Tell me two books you’re anticipating for the first half of 2020!
I only just discovered that my favourite Irish author Sara Baume is releasing some new writing in the Spring so I am very excited about that. I am also really looking forward to Lindsey Kelk’s newest novel in the early Summer.
Link to my favourite post
I really like my review of John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars.
People I am Tagging for this Award
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My Questions for Those I Have Tagged
- If you could meet any author living or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favourite book cover ever?
- What is your favourite paranormal/mythical creature to read about?
- What would your perfect day consist of you doing?
- Team Dogs or Team Cats?