I’m back with another edition of The Sunshine Blogger Award. This time I was nominated by Charlotte @Bewitching Books, Ravenous Reads. Thank you so much for the tag Charlotte. It was very nice of you to think of me when choosing your nominations and I much appreciate it.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions set by Charlotte
Are there any 2020 releases that you’re already excited for? If so which ones?
Soooo many!! I did a whole TTT post about it a few weeks ago. See here.
What’s your favourite book to TV adaptation?
There was a really great BBC adaptation of Sense and Sensibility a good many years ago that I very much enjoyed but perhaps Sherlock is my favourite adaptation even though I have not actually read any of the books ooops!!! Such a wonderful show that though…
If you could step into the world of any book which one would it be?
The library in Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s The Shadow of the Wind. It sounds like pure perfection.
What author would you love to see more books from?
Jane Austen!!! I know not going to happen but wow wouldn’t that be amazing.
Do you prefer enemies to lovers or friends to lovers romances in books?
Enemies to lovers for sure. I love that drama and passion switch up!
If you could pick any book to be turned into a musical, which would it be?
OMG SOOOO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though I didn’t like Daisy Jones and the Six I think it could make an awesome musical so that one maybe??? I am not sure!! How about a Twilight musical? Could you imagine the cringey songs!!!! Everyone doing a song and dance number around the birth of Renesmee maybe???
What supernatural creature do you think we need to see more of in fiction?
Anything from Greek mythology! I love my Greek mythology. Would really love to see more written about Medusa in particular.
What’s your favourite time of day?
I am 100% a night owl!
What two authors do you think would write an amazing book together?
Oh wow what a great question! I would love to see Becky Chambers and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie write something together. They write very different styles of books but both are fiercely intelligent writers and I just think together they could make pure magic happen.
What are your hobbies outside of reading and blogging?
I enjoy sewing and knitting and I love watching tennis. Am a big fan of Roger Federer.
If you could get everybody to read one book what would it be and why?
I would encourage people to read anything written by the wonderful Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie because whether or not you are reading her fiction or non-fiction you are reading something truly thought provoking and deeply meaningful. I just love her books so very much.
And those are my answers! What do you guys think of them? Do you agree/disagree with any of them?
Next up I am going to tag some blogs to receive this award:
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My eleven questions for those tagged
- What is your favourite bookish trope?
- Favourite take away / take out order?
- It’s a dark and stormy winter’s night. What book would you curl up beside the fire to reread?
- What type of fantasy books are your favourites? E.g. High fantasy, Urban, magical realism etc.
- Who is your all time favourite author?
- Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket kept on or off?
- Do you like to keep your books in pristine condition or are you happy to write in them or dog ear them etc?
- What is your favourite song right now?
- Have you any other hobbies besides reading?
- You are having a fancy dinner party and can invite three fictional bookish characters and/or authors. Who are the three?
- What are your feelings on loaning your books to friends and family?