I saw this particular tag on Lauren’s blog a few months ago and thought it would be a fun one to do!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag
1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING AND WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I started blogging last summer so I could have an additional outlet to discuss books. I have been a long time reviewer of books on Goodreads but I just wanted to be able to talk about books in more ways than how Goodreads allows. I also wanted to be more appealing to NetGalley so I could get a few more ARCs than I had been.
I have kept blogging for those same reasons BUT what I did not realise before I started blogging is how many friends I would make and what a brilliantly welcoming community the book blogging community is. And really all of you guys are the reason that I stay! If blogging had not proved to be so enjoyable I am not sure I would have kept it up.
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
I’m still a book reviewer at heart. So that is why on my blog you will see book reviews more than anything else but I do love to take part in memes and discussions. Basically I really enjoy writing every type of blog post that is related to books!
3. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE FAVOURITE BLOG POSTS?
Oh that’s a tough one.
I think first up it’s got to be my post about illness representation in fiction. As I am a #spoonie (person with chronic illness) it is very important to me to see authentic rep of chronic illness and disability in books.
I also really like my thought piece on reading challenges and why it is that they may not suit everyone.
And I am also very fond of my discussion piece about my relationship with star ratings of books over the years.
So it’s funny right? Even though writing reviews are typically my favourite to draft, my absolute favourite posts are all discussion based pieces! This to me further reiterates that creating my book blog was something I really needed to do.
4. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO TO RELAX?
Listening to music. When I find myself over tired or too stressed I always turn to my favourite songs. My favourite musicians tend to be singer songwriter types these days so most of my CDs (yes I still use CDs lol!) are all rather easy to listen to. I believe they are termed adult contemporary genre wise.
My favourite musicians are John Mayer, Joshua Radin, Rhodes, Alexi Murdoch, Sara Bareilles, Sam Smith.
5. WHAT ARE THREE OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS?
Outside of my family, friends and dog?
- Paperback Books
- Hardback Books
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
I think when I hit 200 followers that was really a high point. I felt like I had really been accepted as part of the blogging community and it was deeply emotional for me. I have now surpassed 1,000 followers and that number is just impossibly mind-boggling!
7. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
- Watching tennis
- Tending to my orchids
8. DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY IN THREE WORDS
9. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE PET PEEVES?
- Dishonesty in people
- Messy, cluttered spaces
- The smell of coffee in the morning
10. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
That I’m kinda short!!! Just five feet one-ish but full of sass!
And that is it for this tag! If you would like to do this for yourself then consider yourself tagged and please pingback to this post so I can read and compare your answers.