Today I’m back with another edition of The Liebster Award. I was tagged this time by my fabulous friend Mani @Mani’s Book Corner… back in April!!!! I know… I am trying to get up to speed on my tags and awards. Sorry for being so late with this Mani. Thanks so much for nominating me, it’s always so nice to get tagged for these things.
What is The Liebster Award?
I found all this information on The Global Aussie‘s page.
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
Questions from Mani:
(1) Book shopping in store or online?
In store! Due to COVID-19 it has had to be online recently but I will always choose a local Irish retailer rather than a big multinational like Amazon.
(2) What do you like to do, other than read?
I enjoy sewing and knitting, listening to music, baking… all are pretty relaxing and not very stressful hobbies!
(3) What’s a book genre that you never read?
Horror. I will not read anything with blood, gore, torture etc.
(4) What is the worst book you have ever read, and why?
Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
I absolutely hated it. It feels very faux which is not the vibe you want from a memoir and I hated how crass it was.
(5) What’s the best holiday you’ve been on and why?
My summer holiday’s as a child spent in my Granny’s cottage. Because she was the absolute best. I miss her deeply.
(6) Who is your favourite author?
(7) A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love?
The Raven Cycle, Six of Crows, The Book Thief, The Night Circus, The Lunar Chronicles… there have been quite a few unpopular opinions emanating out of this blog lol!!
(8) Can you describe your perfect day?
A day in springtime with no pain and limitless energy where I could go for a gentle stroll along the beach with my best friend chatting about all our busy nothings. We would then have chunky chips dripping in salt and vinegar, followed by an ice cream cone and would stay chatting all day.
(9) What genre do you rarely read, but wish you read more of?
I don’t think there is a genre that I feel I don’t read enough of. I read according to my mood so I go where the mood takes me and I am happy with that.
(10) What book are you most looking forward to reading?
I have a bunch of exciting ARCs on my TBR that I am looking forward to including Louise O’Neill’s After the Silence and Lauren James’ latest YA.
(11) Who is your absolute favourite book character?
Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. He tends to frequent unpopular character lists but I love him because I identified with his sense of loss and confusion when I first read Catcher as a teenager. He became a part of my soul and I will forever love him for that.
I now tag the following blogs to receive this award too:
- Papertea and Bookflowers
- Travel Through Fiction
- Book Nerd Chelcie
- Mom with a Reading Problem
- The Fine Art of Reading
It’s okay if tags and awards aren’t your thing. No one should feel obligated to do this tag unless they want to.
My eleven questions for those tagged:
I’m going to borrow Mani’s questions because I really liked them! I hope that is okay Mani.
- Book shopping in store or online?
- What do you like to do, other than read?
- What’s a book genre that you never read?
- What is the worst book you have ever read, and why?
- What’s the best holiday you’ve been on and why?
- Who is your favourite author?
- A book you dislike that everyone else seem to love?
- Can you describe your perfect day?
- What genre do you rarely read, but wish you read more of?
- What book are you most looking forward to reading?
- Who is your absolute favourite book character?