Hi!! My name is Éimhear (she/her) and I would like to welcome you to my cosy little corner of the internet!
- #Spoonie (chronically ill)
- Dog Lover
- Reading Enthusiast
- Book Blogger
- NetGalley / Edelweiss+ / Booksprout Reviewer
My Bookish Preferences
I love open endings, antiheroes & books that rip my heart to shreds! Can’t beat a good book cry right???
I abhor spoilers; I like to know very little about a book before I read it!!
If I have to choose between character or plot I choose character driven novels every time.
Greek mythology is my jam! Some of the first books I borrowed from my library as a little kid were based on Greek myths & the passion hasn’t left me all these years later.
Books about dogs are my absolute weakness; never met a dog I didn’t like.
Nancy Drew was my childhood hero… and TBH she still kinda is!!
And I believe wholeheartedly that no one is ever too old to read YA! I think I enjoy YA books even more now than when I was a teenager oops!!
Some of My Favourite Authors
Douglas Adams, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Jane Austen
Sara Baume, Charlotte Bronte, Jessie Burton,
Becky Chambers, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, John Green
Joan He, Kazuo Ishiguro, Lindsey Kelk
Marie Lu, Abigail Mann, Madeline Miller,
Elizabeth Neep, Louise O’Neill, Max Porter
Deirdre Sullivan, Colm Tóibín, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Some of My Favourite Books
- The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
- Emma (Jane Austen)
- Metamorphoses (Ovid)
- Circe (Madeline Miller)
- Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
- The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)
- The Shadow of the Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
- The Odyssey (Homer, Emily Wilson translation)
- Half of a Yellow Sun (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie)
- A Line Made by Walking (Sara Baume)
- Mexican Gothic (Silvia Moreno-Garcia)
- Beautiful Ruins (Jess Walter)
- Never Let Me Go (Kazuo Ishiguro)
- The Stranger (Albert Camus)
- Chemistry (Weike Wang)
- Say Her Name (Francisco Goldman)
- Please Read This Leaflet Carefully (Karen Havelin)
- The Thirteenth Tale (Diane Setterfield)
- Grief is the Thing with Feathers (Max Porter)
- A Constellation of Vital Phenomena (Anthony Marra)
- All Quiet on the Western Front (Erich Maria Remarque)
About My Blog
Here at A Little Haze Book Blog I chat about all the different types of books I read.
I read books from all sorts of genres; adult fiction, YA fiction, literary fiction, contemporary, classics, fantasy, science fiction, memoirs, science non-fiction…
It’s probably easier to list the genres I do not read! Those would be horror and erotica.
I like to write reviews for every single book I read. I find it incredibly enjoyable to put all my thoughts about a book into a book review and then get to discuss it with other people who have read the same book… or the same author. Basically I am here to talk about books with absolutely everyone! To me, my blog is a happy extension of my favourite hobby.
The Origin of My Blog’s Name
The name of my blog, A Little Haze, is inspired by my long term chronic illness.
I describe life with chronic pain and illness as being akin to living in a haze because due to pain, medication or the myriad of other side effects of life as a #spoonie, it means that my days tend to blur together and it can be hard to know which way is forward and which way is backwards… so it’s all a little bit hazy hence A Little Haze Book Blog.